Monday, February 27, 2017

Google Drawings: 2nd Grade Mathematics

Image result for addition and subtraction public domain


For my Creative tool of choice I decided to use Google Drawings. I decided to use it to help me teach Mathematics to second graders. This tool is very helpful in taking pictures, and organizing them the way you want. Also to make different types of graphs and  to display information. Something that I thought I could do was draw or paint, but they have set shapes and templates that you can use, also put in pictures. Students can learn how to utilize this tool in organizing graphs and presenting information. They can share it with other students to do group projects, or use it to make graphs and other things. I used it in a way that could either print off the worksheet in class, or I would be able to share the drawing with my students for them to do as homework. It is a wonderful collaborative tool as well, but I chose to use it as a creative tool to encourage students to learn many ways how to display information. 

UEN 2nd grade Mathematics 2.0A standard, which is Operations and Algebraic Thinking. That they should learn how to add and subtract within 20 rather fluently, and see equal groups to start a foundation for multiplying. 

Ed Tech Standard 6 which is to learn how to access information and to learn independently. 

ISTE Digital Citizen, while they are going online to access this worksheet they know the responsibilities of being honest, and being in the digital world. 


https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/19OERyWeP9h9UJK8BKoV8L-j4nZVtZt9KSJOnVEOdlko/edit?usp=sharing

No comments:

Post a Comment