Monday, February 13, 2017

YouTube: 4th grade FRACTIONS



Image result for fraction image public domain

For my YouTube project I decided to focus on 4th grade Math. I liked YouTube because it was very user friendly, very easy to understand and it is something universal. Since there is so much information on YouTube, it is hard to know which videos to trust and which ones are just fake. Also the level of professionalism is hard to determine. I think that this tool will help me as a student right now to explain concepts better. If there is something I cannot explain, there are lots of tutorials on YouTube to help you understand it better. As well as a good way to turn in homework assignments, if there is a video project due it is good to be familiar with YouTube so that you can upload it there and watch it. As a teacher you would be able to show videos to the class, for free! I think that is the greatest part: that it's free! These videos to explain Math, or any subject for that matter, will be a great asset to the students that I someday teach. If they don't understand the way I explain it, or if they are visual learners, they can go onto YouTube and really see and understand the problem. 

   
UEN Standard 4.NF Strand: Number and operations- Fractions  to help and build the students understanding of equivalence and ordering of fractions. How to build fractions and understanding how to do operations with them. 

Ed-Tech Standard 8 to use technology as resources for self directed learning. 

ISTE Computational Thinker that is to help them identify the problem, and use step by step process to think of solutions, while using technology. 


No comments:

Post a Comment