Monday, March 27, 2017

Tiki-Toki: 5th Grade Social Studies

Image result for declaration of independence public domain    

This tool was actually rather hard to work with, I'm not sure if it was the site or just my internet connection but I could hardly do anything on in. Whenever I tried to upload a picture it would just freeze for about five minutes until I either exited out of the page, or refreshed it. The pros of this tool is that it is a fun way to teach on a timeline scale. Students would be able to utilize it to tell stories or a sort of project on a timeline. It will be really great for them to be able to see how everything works in time. It can be used for a lot more than just History, but to share how their weekend went, or to show the timeline of a science experiment. So far this has been my least favorite tool, but it does show the time  difference which is really nice. 

Utah Core Standard 2 for Social Studies, that says that the "students will understand chronology and significance of key events leading to self-government." 

Ed-Tech Standard 8 which states that they "use technology resources for problem-solving, self-directed learning, and extended learning activities." As they can gather information from a tiki-toki and put it together in their head. 

ISTE Knowledge Constructor: I critically select, evaluate, and synthesize digital resources into a collection that reflects my learning and builds my knowledge.  



https://www.tiki-toki.com/timeline/entry/804757/The-United-Dream-by-Kylie-Lord/#vars!date=1607-05-14_19:15:50!

No comments:

Post a Comment